Wednesday, September 16, 2009

OK

Alright. So obviously I'm in India, he? Doesn't necessarily feel like it I must say so far, but I guess that has to do with Goa or Palolem in particular. The foremost so-called hippie-paradise nowadays mutated to a juppie-eldorado, at least from what I've seen so far. Shopping booths, "sweety bars" and Mexican food. The full load of Junk-Tourism. First we arrived in Agonda, which is more of a tiny very very remote and quiet fisher village, but Sonja didn't want to stay for various reasons. I was a bit disappointed and irritated, but as we're traveling together it's ok to be flexibel.
In Agonda is also the Yoga place, whose reality appearance was a sort of surprise as well. I was expecting a sort of Ashram (as said in the web) but found a regular house, where the students are supposed to stay and nothing more. Nothing really - obviously - spiritual. Well, the "guru" himself seems to be a laid back guy who is really, eh, laid back? I really don't want to judge too fast and build my opinion on a quick impression. But as they say, the first impression stays. At the moment I really feel like checking out the area to get a feeling for the country and its people (who I don't get a connection to, yet, either So far people are very distant). In this very moment I would rather take a train and see Hampi, Pune and head finally over Mumbai to the Himalaya to get the "real" shit...
anyways, I take it easy and see how things develop. My friend Sonja is being sick all day long from the heat and the humidity, which doesn't make it easier and I also start realizing how different our traveling styles are. Hm, always not easy. You can be the best and closest friends, but when it comes to traveling you start from zero and the experiment can begin. But so far we're still communicating well, even if it's hard work sometimes. And I hope that it'll turn out as a positive experience for both. We'll see.
What I already know is one thing: I'm gonna go SHOPPING tomorrow! And now back into my room to get some night-sleep. finally

No comments:

Post a Comment